Sunday, January 10, 2010

book : The Rules of Attraction

Dear tom,

I thought it would be nice if I wrote quick reviews of the book I read to entice you to read them too. It makes me really happy that you actually do read my recommendations. So here's the first one of the year !

***
title: The Rules of Attraction
author: Brent Easton Ellis
page count: 282

basic summery: Apathetic college art student sleep around and do lots of drugs and partying told in Ellis' beautiful satirical and apathetic tone. This is the same guy who wrote American Psycho (which you are currently borrowing !)

other comments: I also recommend Less Than Zero by the same author. The sequel to Less Than Zero comes out this May (Imperial Bedrooms) !! I do not recommend The Informers by Ellis because it sucked until the ending which is usually the opposite for books. All his novels have been made into movies but I haven't seen a single one and I would suggest never to see one. If you read his books, you'll know what I mean.

***
Love,

kristen