Wednesday, May 5, 2010

book : Into Thin Air

Dear tom,

title: Into Thin Air
author: Jon Krakauer
page count:

basic summery: This is a book about a man who climb Everest but how the majority of his team died during the decent. This was my attempt to branch out my reading library. This book is polar opposite to everything else I read and my personality. I'll list some of the reason now:

1. This book is non-fiction
2. This book is about sports
3. This book is not about dark comedy, satires, murder, cynical nature of human being or imagination.

With an adventure stand point, it's pretty exciting. He details the process you would take if you were to climb Everest really well. I may not be a sports buff but climbing Everest is something I believe to be cool to just about anybody. I spent most of the book cold with frostbite on the behalf of the people involved in the climb. I think I didn't enjoy it as much as others would because I get really stressed when suspenseful and awful things happen to characters in books. (Which is why I only read Stephen King during daylight)

other comments: If I climb Everest, it'll be with you. (And we'll become best friend popsicles at the top)

love,

kristen