Wednesday, May 5, 2010

book : The Road

Dear tom,

title: The Road
author: Cormac McCarthy
page count:

basic summery: My favorite relationships to read about is the unbalanced friendship (like A Separate Peace and The Kite Runner) and the Father-Son relationship. I fucking love Dads. This book is about my favorite kind of hero, hero of humanity, compassion and love. A hero who is otherwise your everyday background and is only different by his extreme heart. None of the characters have names but it follows a man and his son in a post-apocalyptic world. It's pure day to day survival. Reading it makes me question my own personality. It makes me wonder if I'm capable of being as good as the man and how I could be more like him. He needs to be everyone's fucking role model.

There's also lots of spooky stuff and cannibals to keep you on your toes.

other comments: The post apocalyptic world is in dire need of Operation Vacuum.

love,

kristen